The Education Center Director is responsible for leading one of Pre-K 4 SA’s award-winning Education Centers. The Director leads the activities, operations, and continual improvement of the center, which serves 500 students in 25 classrooms. The Director oversees planning and implementation of instruction aligned with the High Scope curriculum framework to encourage the social, physical, emotional, linguistic, and intellectual growth of children, with particular focus on executive function, language, cognition, and early literacy. The Director works collaboratively with Pre-K 4 SA leadership to ensure all elements of the program are based on research and current best practices and supports teachers in providing exceptionally high-quality instruction to every student. The Director uses data to improve teacher effectiveness, build authentic parent engagement, and demonstrate student achievement.
- Provide outstanding instructional leadership. Monitor instruction to ensure it supports the social, physical, emotional, linguistic, and intellectual growth of children with diverse learning needs and experiences, including emerging English language learners.
- Cultivate, hire, and support outstanding educators with a passion for the mission of Pre-K 4 SA. Maintain high expectations for instructional strategies, classroom management, and parent engagement.
- Establish a clear culture focused on academic and performance excellence. Inspire and engage all staff to contribute to achieving a shared vision.
- Provide professional leadership by using data to evaluate and improve instructional practice, curriculum, and professional development. Institute ongoing assessment of program quality, teacher quality, and student progress. Build systems to ensure equity and accountability.
- Develop an annual budget for the center and analyze budget reports to manage the program within approved budget. Manage center compliance and regulatory requirements, including documentation. Manage food service, playground issues, facility issues and maintenance, interaction with school districts, transportation issues, and parent engagement.
- Contribute to the mission of Pre-K 4 SA by working collaboratively across the organization to support high quality early childhood education throughout San Antonio. Welcome frequent visitors to the Center and share openly so that others may learn from the innovations of Pre-K 4 SA.
PRE-K 4 SA
Pre-K 4 SA is an innovative early childhood effort launched in 2013 by the City of San Antonio with taxpayer support. Pre-K 4 SA aims to positively impact the economic and early childhood education landscape in San Antonio in one generation through high quality early childhood education. Pre-K 4 SA supports the education of more than 4,000 4-year-olds annually through full-day Pre-K at four education centers and $4 million in competitive grants to local education providers. Pre-K 4 SA is changing the educational trajectory for an additional 20,000 students by providing specialized professional development for Pre-K through Grade 3 educators citywide.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution, with a focus in early childhood education, organizational development, or educational leadership preferred.
- Ten plus years of professional experience, preferably in early childhood education; non-profit or private sector leadership; organizational development, or related field.
- Principal or Early Childhood Director certification preferred.
- Verbal and written fluency in Spanish preferred.
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity, please send cover letter to Joel Jenks at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled; however, the first review of resumes will be October 2, 2017.
To learn more visit: http://bit.ly/2eWErOJ